How to get a Real Estate License
The procedure and all necessary forms are set out and available at the Texas Real Estate Commission website: www.trec.state.tx.us
- When you have finished all of your required courses for licensure, get a transcript from the school you completed them at.
- If you have previous college, get a copy of that transcript.
- Fill out the TREC Form “Evaluation of Education Documents” and attach copies of your transcripts. Send the Form, the appropriate fee, and your transcripts to TREC.
- TREC will reply that you have completed your educations requirements (if you have) and will give you the information for getting your fingerprints.
- Get Fingerprints
- Complete the “Inactive Real Estate Salesperson License” form and send it to TREC – This can be done online. If you have a sponsor, the “Salesperson Sponsorship Form” may also be sent in at this time. If you do not have a sponsor you may still take the test and you will be issued an inactive license until you have a sponsor, at which time your license will be activated.
- TREC will advise you that you may now take the state test, will send you some materials, and refer you to PSI Examination Services to take the test.
- You may get information about the test at any time from PSI Examinations Services at their website: psiexams.com
- Call PSI and make an appointment for your test.
- Take the test and pass it.
- Go to work – Best wishes for your future career!