Your understanding of the purchasing process is invaluable and deserves your special attention. For your benefit, it is essential that your Ohlig Group Realty agent does a needs analysis by asking questions to better understand what you are looking for in your next home.
As your Ohlig Group Realty Realtor…
- We can assist you with the sale of your present home.
- Home Tour and Showing Process
- We will assist you in selecting homes for viewing in accordance with your needs. Please feel free to inspect all aspects of a home during the showing and make notes regarding each home
- Communication During Showings
- Feedback is essential. Specific comments help us determine exactly what you are looking for and should result in finding your next home and negotiating your offer.
- The Offer
- After an offer is written, we will contact the listing agent who will present your offer to the sellers.
- The sellers have the following alternatives:
- accept the offer
- reject the offer
- write a counter offer
- Once the offer is accepted, your Ohlig Group Realty agent will notify you immediately.
- Mortgage Application
- It is extremely important that you get pre-qualified for a loan prior to viewing properties. Once your offer has been negotiated, you need to notify your lender immediately and begin the loan process. We can recommend several lenders for you to contact. The lender may require a loan application fee to be used toward a credit check, appraisal, etc.
- Processing Your Loan
- In order to speed the process along, provide the information the lender requests from you with 24 hours. We will check with your lender throughout the processing of your loan to ensure things are progressing smoothly.
- Once your loan is approved, the lender will send all documents to the title company that was agreed upon in the contract.
- Prior To Closing
- Have all utilities transferred to your name as of the date of closing (do that here)
- Notify post office and Telephone Company of your address change.
- You will have the opportunity to do a final walk-thru if desired of the property
- Your lender may require you to obtain a homeowner’s insurance policy and provide that to him if you choose to set up an escrow account with your mortgage.
- Obtain a certified check or order a wire for the amount of money to be paid at closing. This figure will be made available to you prior to closing on a form called the HUD or closing statement.
Find an Ohlig Group Realty Realtor® now to assist you in the home buying process.